AZYGOS VEIN ANEURYSM — RARE IMAGING FINDING. TO TREAT OR NOT TO TREAT?
True aneurismal dilatation of the azygos vein is a rare entity which has been reported in the literature on only a few occasions. We report a case of azygos vein aneurysm dilatation that was incidentally discovered on a computed tomography angiogram (CTA), during imagiologic study for hemoptyses, on an anticoagulated female 82 year-old patient. A repeat CTA after one month revealed complete thrombosis of the aneurysm. She was managed conservatively with outpatient follow-up.
Roentgenol Radium Ther Nucl Med. 1963; p. 90.
2. Mohammad K BNSM. Idiopathic Azygos Vein Aneurysm Mimicking
a Mediastinal Mass: Case Report and Review of Literature. J Med
Cases. 2013; p. 4/5)_292-295.
3. Seebauer L PHGJea. A mediastinal tumor simulated by a sacculated
aneurysm of the azygos vein. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1989;
4. Nakamura Y NKNHea. Surgical exclusion of a thrombosed azygos
veis aneurysm causing pulmonary embolism. The journal of
thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. 2007.
5. Favelier S ELPPea. Successful Endovascular Treatment of a
Large Azygos Vein Aneurysm With Stent-Graft Implantation. Ann
Thorac Surg. 2015; p. 99:1455.
6. Sonny Sau-hin C SLCKK. Azygous vein aneurysm: CT follow-up.. J
Thorac Imaging. 2006; p. 21:66–68.
7. Person TD KCCHea. Thorascopic approach to the resection of
an azygous vein aneurysm. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005; p.
8. Gomez MA DAPPea. Partial thrombosis of an idiopathic azygous
vein aneurysm.. Br J Radiol. 2004; p. 77:342–343..
9. H W. Transcatheter Occlusion of an Azygous Vein Aneurysm.
Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. 2011; p.